Ads Top

Ebola Update:We Have Nothing A Cry Out.

Members of families devastated by ebola in West Africa have been revealing the human cost of the deadly virus.

More than 4,400 people have died in the region since the outbreak began this year, with Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea the worst-hit countries.

A relatively small number of cases have prompted major health alerts in the West, including the ongoing isolation of a plane at an airport in Madrid after a passenger was reported to have a fever and shivers.

But up to four generations of some families have been wiped out by the illness in Sierra Leone, and those relatives left behind now face a life of desperate hunger, poverty and isolation.
Ebola Cases

Charity Street Child spoke to people affected by the outbreak in the country, with their harrowing stories revealing the catastrophic impact of the disease on one of the world's poorest regions.

Among them is Douda Fullah, who survived ebola - but lost his father, stepmother, sister, brother and grandmother.
Video: Ebola Tales: The Orphans

The 17-year-old broke down in tears as he discussed his plight. and explained he was now left to look after younger relatives.

"I'm so sad, it's hard to explain," he said.

"I have lost five members of my family, including my father.

"Presently I am just left without my family. I have no one to take care of us. I am left with my younger ones.

"What about my younger ones? What about them?

"I want to follow my education. I want to do a better thing in life to support my younger ones.

"It is a really difficult situation. I am begging. We don't have any hope. There's no hope for us. We need help."

Barmata Fornie, 17, said her father died last year and that her mother contracted ebola while attempting to look after a pregnant nurse who had the virus.

"So she was working against ebola and she got sick and died," she said.

"So I am left with my brothers and grandmother.
Skynews
"The quarantine affects us greatly because we don't have any way to get food.




No comments:

Copyright@Mekinson 2014. Powered by Blogger.